Basics of Umpiring
This free online course is aimed at umpires who simply want to learn the fundamental laws and basic field craft and at those players who umpire 5 or 10 overs at the weekend. Book now, here.
Umpire Stage One Online
This free online course is designed to give an overview of the basic Laws of the game as well as providing information on how to apply them and introduce the principles of field craft and match management. This course is an ideal introduction for new club umpires, a refresher for existing umpires and the first step for those who aspire to umpire at higher levels. Associate membership for 2021 of the ECB ACO is included.
To book this course please email your request to Ned Wilsher, County Education Officer.
Umpire Stage Two
This course is designed to give you further knowledge and skills sufficient to enable you to become a member of a league panel and is available to anyone who has attended the Stage One Course (Online or Classroom). It will complement that course by looking beyond the basic laws, build on field craft and match management techniques and introduce the concept of working, as a team, with a colleague.
To book this course you should email your request to Ned Wilsher, County Education Officer who will advise you of the options available.
Middlesex Continuing Professional Development
Middlesex ACO members are invited to attend periodic CPD webinars. These webinars are recorded and are available here:
- Analysing and understanding match regulations – timed matches
- Analysing and understanding match regulations – limited over matches
- Analysing and understanding match regulations – specific regulations
- Analysing and understanding match regulations – setting the target score
- Preparation, preparation, preparation
- Cricket officials working as a team
The ECB ACO has a number of CPD videos available:
- Conflict management
- Focus & distraction control
- Non verbal communication
- Run outs
- Umpire communication (verbal)
- Understanding player communication
- Focus and distraction control
More materials can be found as prepared and kindly shared by South Central Region ACO.
- Bite size presentations
- Return to Umpiring
Mind & Bodies
Inside the Mind of an Official (A4, A5 and Kindle versions)
Even more materials can be found as prepared and kindly shared by Lancashire ACO.